Friday, April 22, 2011

What do you do when you finish edits?

I finished the big edits of Magic High today. All that's left is a final copy edit. While I wait for more wonderful family members to do that for me, it's time for a bit of a break. I'm going to spend the weekend recharging my energy. I'll do some reading, maybe work on some other project, but most of all I won't spend time worrying about Magic High.

Just like a painting or any work of art, you could edit a novel for ever and never be completely satisfied with it. The trick is to know when to stop and let it be. For this story, the time is now. Now I get to move on to the fun and daunting task of marketting.

But for now I'm going to enjoy the small break I'm giving my brain. Good thing I finished in time for the Doctor Who marathon that's on for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment