Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Filming the trailer.

This weekend we filmed the trailer for Magic High. It was so much fun! I've never done anything like that before. I'm so glad that Marsha the Amazing was willing to do the film work. Since she had more experiance doing that kind of work, she was much better than me at thinking of cool shots and directing the two actresses. I am so grateful for all of the time and energy all three of the volunteers gave to the trailer. Thank you!

The filming was done in two locations. It took about five hours to do all the set up and filming. The afternoon went much quicker then the morning for a couple of reasons. For one, there were a lot of kinks to work out in the shot list. We had a vague idea of what we wanted from the actress for each line, but the afternoon was planned much more carefully. Another problem that took up a lot of time in the morning was figuring out the logistics of a special prop. I wont say too much since it's a huge part of the trailer and a little bit of a surprise. But as a small hint, this item is something most of my beta readers have said was their favourite part of the book.

I'm not sure when it will be finished and available to be viewed online because Marsha is getting married mid June so she's a little busy to be doing editing (I know, that's no excuse :P). But the filming went great and we had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment