Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week of Writing - Day Three


Alright. I'll admit it. I’m a little behind on my week of writing. But it’s still good. Still good. I can make a comeback.

My overall goal is to get around 9000 words written by tomorrow, which in theory will finish this draft of my book.

Day one I got about 2000 written. I’m really not a fast writer, so overall, that was a pretty good day for me. Not as great as I was hoping, but nothing to scoff at either.

Day two was a little less successful. The entire day was supposed to be dedicated to writing, since I knew today was going to be much busier. And what did I do? Flop around on my couch whining about how hard it is to write.

Poor me, I had to do something that I enjoy. I know, you all feel such pity for me.

And so the final result was only 1000 words, which brings my two day total to 3000 words. Hmm, wasn’t that supposed to be what I’d write each day? This leaves me with approximately 6000 words left to write by tomorrow.

I may be behind, but I’m definitely not out yet. I still have time to finish my goal, especially since I wasn’t very clear if I had to be done before May 24th or if I have that day as well. Very clever of me to have left myself some wiggle room.

But enough updating. It’s time for me to get back into the story and try and get those final chapters written.

No comments:

Post a Comment